Saturday, January 11, 2020

WHO KILLED CAPTAIN ALEX? [2010]

"Expect the unexpectable! Mama Mia!"


I had a grin on my face from ear to ear throughout this entire movie. The movie is on! The movie is on! The movie is on! Uganda's first action movie was the most all-out fun I've had with a movie in a long time. Why does every movie not have an emcee [aka Video Joker] to accompany the viewer along the ride? Not a commentary track, but a live emcee as a companion throughout the film. VJ Emmie was such fun to have as a co-pilot during this film; how else would I know that everybody in Uganda knows kung fu?!?!? WIth all the charm of a Cary Grant and boundless enthusiasm and excitement, VJ Emmie was wonderful! He reminds me of the days of Jamaica's mobile sound systems when an emcee would toast over the records as people danced. WHO KILLED CAPTAIN ALEX is very like a dance, in fact; especially with the live stunts and fight choreography done for real. And the gunshot and blood/special effects soooooooo NOT for real. Director Nabwana I.G.G. made his movie on his computer which he built himself from parts of OTHER computers! How impressive is that?!?! And I think the grand total for the film's budget was $200. And yet he made a movie which is solidly entertaining all the way through and which laughs along with its audience at the sheer fun of it all. I can only call this movie such a refreshing experience from the type of films I've seen before. This is made by filmmakers who absolutely love movies and have a love of making movies. WHO KILLED CAPTAIN ALEX is truthfully the most unique movie I've seen for a long long time! I had an absolute blast!

No comments: