Wednesday, January 05, 2022

YEAR-BY-YEAR RANKINGS: 2021

 THIS FEELS A BIT PREMATURE (SINCE I HAVEN'T SEEN A LOT OF 2021 MOVIES YET) BUT HERE WE GO.  Last year I spent roughly 6 months on this blog ranking every movie I'd seen in the last hundred years (1920-2020).  But another year's gone by so I might as well do the same for the films I saw from 2021.  And naturally, the more movies I watch, the more chances this will change.  But for now .......



  1. PIG
  2. THE GREEN KNIGHT
  3. WOODLANDS DARK AND DAYS BEWITCHED:  A HISTORY OF FOLK HORROR
  4. SPENCER
  5. BATMAN:  SOUL OF THE DRAGON
  6. BATMAN:  THE LONG HALLOWEEN PART ONE
  7. ROMEO AND JULIET
  8. IN THE EARTH
  9. STOWAWAY
  10. A CLASSIC HORROR STORY
  11. SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS
  12. THE SUICIDE SQUAD
  13. BATMAN:  THE LONG HALLOWEEN PART TWO
  14.  JUSTICE SOCIETY:  WORLD WAR II
  15. FEAR STREET:  1994
  16. FEAR STREET:  1978
  17. FEAR STREET:  1666
  18. THOSE WHO WISH ME DEAD
  19. WHO IS BILL REBANE?
  20. GODZILLA VS. KONG
  21. BITCHIN':  THE SOUND AND FURY OF RICK JAMES
  22. CANDYMAN
  23. SEANCE
  24. NO TIME TO DIE
  25. INJUSTICE
  26. WILLY'S WONDERLAND
  27. THE CONJURING:  THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT
  28. HALLOWEEN KILLS

3 comments:

Cheeks DaBelly said...

A film with Nicholas Coppola is the number 1 pick? Doesn't it get penalized a star or two just because of that very fact?

Cheeks DaBelly said...

OK, OK, I too have not seen many films made in 2021 but here goes my list:

1. All Madden
2. Slumber Party Massacre
3. Live in Front of a Studio Audience: The Facts of Life and Diff’rent Strokes
4. A Clüsterfünke Christmas
5. The Suicide Squad
6. Miley’s New Year’s Eve Party
7. Godzilla vs. Kong
8. Doctor Who: Revolution of the Daleks
9. Sesame Street: 50 Years Of Sunny Days
10. South Park Vaccination Special
11. Kitten Bowl VIII Special
12. Scooby-Doo, Where Are You Now!
13. A Dickens of a Holiday!
14. Halloween Kills


A bit of an odd list but we agree on one thing: "Halloween Kills" friggin' blows!

Happy New Year my dude!


Cerpts said...

Um . . . . .I cannot fault your logic; a film starring Nicolas Coppola?!?!?!? I mean, really?!?!?!!!!! However, here we have the "other" Nicolas Coppola who acts with great skill and restraint. Although the "other other" Nicolas Coppola - the one that behaves like a madman on screen -- can be fun too. This is the best Nicolas Coppola performance I've ever seen (and no, I didn't see da one he won da Oxcar for).