Wednesday, February 02, 2022

PLACES I'VE TRAVELED VIA BOOKS, FILMS AND TV

 HERE'S TO THE MISSUS! 


I've been neglecting the blogoverse (as is my sorry ass wont) lately but I just stumbled across this post by my sparkly Mrs. Ilsa* on her superb blog THE SEASON OF PLUM AND COBBLESTONE and I just HAD to steal her idea!  She is the ray of sunshine to my "squirt of lemon to the eye" personality and listing the places I've traveled via the books I've read and the films and TV I've watched is such a great idea -- also one that sorta defines you by the choices you list.  So here's my shot at my own list of those places I've been privileged to visit:

  • The Camino - "THE WAY"³
  • Marks & Co., 84 Charing Cross Road - "84 CHARING CROSS ROAD" by Helene Hanff¹
  • Gormenghast Castle - "THE GORMENGHAST TRILOGY" by Mervyn Peake¹
  • Rocky Beach, California - "THE THREE INVESTIGATORS books" by Robert Arthur¹
  • Albert Square, Walford - "EASTENDERS"²
  • Tuscany - "UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN"³
  • The Island of Mykonos, Greece  -  "SHIRLEY VALENTINE"³
  • Hill House - "THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE" by Shirley Jackson¹
  • Independence Hall, Philadelphia, PA  -  "1776"³
  • The Red Dwarf  -  "RED DWARF"²
  • Bagpuss & Co.  -  "BAGPUSS"²
  • The Chauvet Caves, Southern France  -  "CAVE OF FORGOTTEN DREAMS"³
  • The Office of Spade & Archer  -  "THE MALTESE FALCON" by Dashiell Hammett¹
  • The Island  -  "LOST"²
  • Letterkenny, Ontario  -  "LETTERKENNY"²
  • Arkham, Innsmouth & Dunwich, Massachusetts  -  "THE WORKS OF H.P. LOVECRAFT"¹
  • Research Dept., Federal Broadcasting Network, Manhattan, NY  -  "DESK SET"³
  • Paradise Cove, Malibu, CA  -  "THE ROCKFORD FILES"²
  • 704 Houser Street, New York City, NY  -  "ALL IN THE FAMILY"²
  • Paris, France 1838  -  "THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO" by Alexandre Dumas¹
  • The Bentinck Hotel, London, England  -  "THE DUCHESS OF DUKE STREET"²
  • Dunn's River, Connecticut  -  "SOAP"²
  • Elsinore Castle - "HAMLET" by Willian Shakespeare¹ & "ROSENKRANTZ & GUILDENSTERN ARE DEAD" by Tom Stoppard³
  • 001 Cemetery Lane  -  "THE ADDAMS FAMILY"²
  • Quigley Mansion  -  "THE GENE LONDON SHOW"²
  • Antonio Bay, California  -  "THE FOG"³
  • Moon Base Alpha  -  "SPACE: 1999"²
  • Misselthwaite Manor, Yorkshire Moors  -  "THE SECRET GARDEN" by Florence Hodgson Burnett¹
  • 221B Baker Street  -  "THE COMPLETE SHERLOCK HOLMES" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle¹
  • Keyhouse, Lovecraft, Massachussetts  -  "LOCKE & KEY" by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez¹

And oh, there are so many more . . . . 


¹ - Book
² - TV
³ - Film



3 comments:

Star said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Talk about neglectful, I finally checked on Cerpts and Honey and when I saw this post I thought, "How weird is that...didn't I just fill this out in my Travel Listography book..." Dummy that I am, I forgot that I even posted about it. Well, no surprise but I love, love, LOVE your list! Seeing this was the perfect end of my day. I'm so tickled that I inspired it. MUAH!!

Cerpts said...

As always, you're my shiny inspiration!!!

Star said...

Oh stop it...you're makin' me blush....