Tuesday, March 19, 2024

OLD SCHOOL APRIL: YEAR TWO FOR ME

 SO, IT'S A LITTLE OVER A WEEK UNTIL MY SECOND FORAY INTO OLD SCHOOL APRIL COMMENCES!!!!


 
Last year, my Mom was really into my participation in Old School April as she was a fan of Kelsi's Slime and Slashers youtuber channel and watched it with me all the time.  She followed every book I read and movie/TV show I watched to complete the prompts and get points for my team the Blue Barracudas (CHOMP, CHOMP, BEEYATCHES!!!!).  Since my Mom is gone this year, I'm dedicating this year's Old School April to her memory because I know she'd love me participating once again. 

Of course, this year I am on the Blue Barracuda team (next year the "Legend of the Hidden Temple" teams will be gone in favour of an as-yet-undetermined theme and we hope to take it out in style!!!).  Of course, everyone and anyone is invited to participate and you can go to the Slime and Slashers youtuber channel and find all the prompts etc. right here. Kelsi has all the links you will need to participate in the comment section for this video.  I've been prepping for this since the beginning of March (or earlier) and these are the books I've put on my OSA TBR that fulfill prompts and will get me heaps of points for my barracudas:




I would also like to point out that those final four books are all written by David Sodergren and I don't into to try reading ALL FOUR of dem -- I'm hoping to pick one of them.  SATAN'S BURNOUTS MUST DIE and THE HAAR fill specific prompts so it'll probably be dem.

ADDENDUM:  After watching the new video on Cameron Chaney's Library Macabre youtuberz channel (co-host of OSA as well as fellow Blue Barracuda), I boughted 2 more books for Old School April:  POINT HORROR UNLEASHED: THE HANGING TREE by Paul Stewart & FiIVE MINUTE FRIGHTS by William A. Walker Jr. and you will see thei covers added above.  We'll BOTH be reading that one this OSA!

All the hosts for the OSA team (Silver Snakes, Purple Parrots & Blue Barracudas) also have host recommendatons for books and movies.  These are the host recs for movies which I will try to fulfill (because I own all of 'em already):



And these are the host book recs I will also try to fulfill since I own DEM already TOO!

  


Of course, there will be others added as I acquire more that fit the prompts.  So wish me luck and I will post in May with my results on what books I read and what movies & TV shows I watched that fit the nostalgic prompts.

2 comments:

Cheeks DaBelly said...

I have an interest in this but I don't think I will be participating as keeping the logs up to date on Letterboxd is about all I keep track of but I will be looking forward to seeing your lists.

Cerpts said...

Aw, you're a sweet kid (sorry, just watched THE HONEYMOONERS) . . .

. . . no if you try to participate in too much you'll be rolling around the floor bumping into yourself (and happily, NO, I did NOT just watch ENTRAPMENT) . . .