Monday, October 31, 2022

100 Horror Movies in 92 Days 2022

 THE ANNUAL HALLOWEEN MOVIE CHALLENGE BY SPOOKYSARAHSAYS.  And I was actually successful at it!  The challenge on spookysarahsays is to watch 100 horror movies (new to you) in the 92 days from August 1st until October 31st.  There are 11 rewatches (which don't count towards my total) shown in the snazzy pictures below (which I wanted to picture to keep a record of those horror movies which were rewatches of films I hadn't seen in decades and were basically new to me i.e. the 1999 HAUNTING remake as well as new 4k edition rewatches).  So keep in mind actual total of "new-to-me" horror film watches stands at 115.  And here they are in all their splendour:





  


Wow.  Way to go, me!  And way to go ending the month with a reeeeeeeeeeeeal turd!

8 comments:

Cheeks DaBelly said...

Hmmmmm, I wonder how close I came to completing this without even knowing it was a thing.

Cheeks DaBelly said...

Wait a minute, you've seen The Fog before. Is there shenanigans afoot? I counted mine up and I only watched 69 new horror films in that time. Counting films I had seen before the number jumps to 94. Close but not 100.

Caffeinated Joe said...

Got to 103, which is less than last year, but at least over 100. Kudos to you! Well done!

Cerpts said...

Joe,

As long as you're watching horror movies, it's all a win win!

Cheekie-Weekies,

You're absolutely correctamundo; my actual total of NEWLY WATCHED horror films on this list is 115. However, after I passed the 100 mark I wanted to include those horror movies I watched in this time period I had either seen before decades earlier (i.e. the 1999 HAUNTING) or else those I watched because of new 4K editions and the like (THE FOG 4k steelbook or THE AMITYVILLE HORROR 4K). The picture is misleading and that didn't occur to me so I'll go back and edit the post to show my count properly as 115.

Cerpts said...

Oh yes, and I also fixed the pictures since several of them had that rating stuff that pops up when you hover over the movie -- some of which obscured the damn movie title LOL.

Cheeks DaBelly said...

Oh I didn't mean you had to go and adjust your list. It's your list but I understand what you mean about different versions. If I go back and see the directors cut of Alien3 it would technically count as a new film I think.

Cerpts said...

No, I didn't adjust nuttin other than to add a line or two. I was already going to go back and fix those pictures since they wuz allllllllllllllll messed up. But no, I didn't realize the post was misleading (since I dashed it off real quick last night. My final tally shoulda read 115 but I forgot to put that there. So you performed a service to this blog.

You cad.

Cheeks DaBelly said...

I'll service ya!!