Friday, December 09, 2005

I LIKE FOOD! FOOD TASTES GOOD! JUICY BURGERS, GREASY FRIES... With the recent passing of Thanksgiving and the encroaching holiday season, I thought this would be a good opportunity to list my favourite songs about food! I figure the typing of this list will at least burn up a calorie or two and I can use all the help I can get. Pass the taters and peruse my menu of tunes. Feel free to add any of your own favourites! In no particular order . . . Weinerschnitzel by The Descendants Saturday Night Fish Fry by Louis Jordan Mashed Potatoes by Brak Savoy Truffle by The Beatles Chocolate by The Cheneille Sisters Malted Milk by Robert Johnson Fishing Blues by Henry Thomas Jambalaya by Hank Williams Struttin' With Some Barbecue by Louis Armstrong I Like Food by The Descendants Chicken Cordon Bleus by Steve Goodman All That Meat & No Potatoes by Fats Waller Ice Cream Song by The Dynamics Banana Split For My Baby by Louis Prima Ketchup Soup by The Teen Idols Pass the Peas by The J.B.'s Green Onions by Booker T. & the MGs Red Beans by Professor Longhair Corn Dogs by The Bobs Potato by Cheryl Wheeler St. Alphonso's Pancake Breakfast by Frank Zappa Hotcakes and Sausage by Ernie Kovacs Goober Peas by The Kingston Trio Ham & Eggs by Leadbelly Tater Pie by Ahmad Jamal They're Red Hot by Robert Johnson Vegetables by The Beach Boys Only Baloney by Big Daddy Graham Potato Chips by Slim Gaillard and of course there's Arlo Guthrie's stay at Alice's Restaurant having the Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat!!! Hmm. . . .I wonder if there are any more leftovers in the fridge????

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. How about 'Peanut Butter' by Lenny White & 29?

Star said...

umm, hello? no cheeseburger in paradise???? i'm shocked and appalled!

Anonymous said...

What about Juicy Fruit bt Mtume?

Pax Romano said...

Tom's Diner by S. Vega
Silver Spoons by G. Slick
I Eat Cannibals by Toto Coelo
Come-on-a-My House by Rosemary Clooney

Star said...

hey, how 'bout 10cc's 'life is a minestrone'?

Anonymous said...

So like, does anyone actually moderate over here or what? It'c Xmas and there's no blog for that yet? Things are sure run a bit shoddy around here.

Cerpts said...

Sorry, anonymous. I find the internet too boring to visit more than once or twice a month.