Monday, May 01, 2006

MAY IS MONSTER MONTH IN THE LAND OF CERPTS & HONEY! In honour of this month's boffo Monster Mania Convention from May 19 - 21, we're getting a little spooky in this blog. Our mascot for this month's theme is dear old Cousin Creep: a beloved family member who is near and dear to my heart -- oh wait, that's somebody ELSE'S heart he's near to -- in fact, he's actually clutching one in his bloody hand. I wonder who's chest he ripped that outta??? Oh well. Anyway, Cousin Creep has bequeathed to me his lovely old home pictured here. Unfortunately, since Cousin Creep hung around with Cthulhu and his gang about a million years ago, I don't expect to inherit anytime soon. But enough about real estate. I'd just like to take a moment a wish a belated birthday to Lon Chaney Jr. (who was born 100 years ago February 10th). Everyone have a sprig of wolfsbane on me!

2 comments:

Pax Romano said...

That's not the same house that was in The Rocky Horror Show, is it??

Cerpts said...

No, my little blood sausage. That is, in fact, the Danvers Asylum for the Hopelessly Insane. It's in Danvers, Massachusetts (which is the real Old Salem Town of the witch trial fame). Current day Salem is actually just a pretender. Old Salem Town changed it's name to Danvers.

Anyway, the Danvers Asylum was mentioned in dear old H.P. Lovecraft's stories and, since I'm currently rereading HPL I thought it was appropriate.

Stay tuned for an upcoming HPL mention in this very blog! Chthulu f'tagn!!!