Friday, October 10, 2008

Um, yeah. That really is Cheeks and me back in 1911 carving a pumpkin in the Rustler Steak House parking lot.
You'll notice I am properly and respectfully attired in a hat while Cheeks has concealed under his pants the fabled race-car shorts mentioned in a speech by Ronald Reagan.
And by the way, the new audio postings on our sister blog BATHED IN THE LIGHT FROM ANDROMEDA is up a day early. The Halloween theme this week is spooky songs by singers one doesn't associate with spooky songs. Give it a listen and we'll see you back here.

3 comments:

Cheeks DaBelly said...

Oh, how quickly they forget. You seem to have forgotten some of the minor points of this picture; fer instance: I was the only one that remembered to bring a knife and I had the good sence to roll up my sleeves. Notice the doo is properly quaffed. But then again, of coarse it would be. I also believe that is the one and only picture ever taken of you in a hat.

Cerpts said...

Your comment needs to be corrected on SO many levels:

1) Of course you brought a knife. You ALWAYS had a knife, you hoodlum!

2) Somebody drank your hair?!?!? To quaff is to drink. Unless of course you mean your doo was perfectly "coifed". And then, of course, I'd just have to answer that statement with "Ha ha HA ha ha HAW"!

3) I never took my hat off the entire time I worked at Rustler. That includes going home and going to sleep. It was still on. Of course, I was usually not dumb enough to have my picture taken so you're actually correct about that one.

Pax Romano said...

And you failed to mention, and I have this on good authority, that said pumpkin was snatched from the patch of Kindly Old Mr. Whatshisname's farm. Yes, you boys were a couple of Dead End kids...