Thursday, February 19, 2009

"IF NOTHING ELSE, THERE'S APPLAUSE . . . LIKE WAVES OF LOVE POURING OVER THE FOOTLIGHTS!" Oh dear, I'm so unworthy but it seems I've won an award! The Premio Dardo Award! Given to me by my surrogate Daddy Pax over at horror blog "BILLY LOVES STU", the award is, well, in his own words: " The Premio Dardo Award is a nifty sort of meme thingy, in that the recipient of the award must then bestow the same upon five other bloggers". Ah, my readers! The great unblushed! You all make it worthwhile! After all, I hate this house! I hate these walls! I hate that sofa! The only part of this dump that doesn't make me puke is my loyal readers! And I promise you I'll never desert you again because after 'THE LAND OF CERPTS AND HONEY' we'll make another blog and another blog. You see, this is my life! It always will be! Nothing else! Just us, the blogosphere, and those wonderful people out there in the dark! All right, Mr. DeMille . . . I'm ready for my required 5 blog awards (and to be fair, I won't award Daddy Pax's blogs since he's already won and this could go around and around):
  • CHEEKS' THE DHARMA (AND GREG) PROJECT -- for copiously analyzing, explaining, extemporizing and theorizing each and every episode of LOST for us. There is always something you didn't know or something you didn't notice to be found here.
  • FLEAPIT OF THE MIND -- You can't beat the extensive knowledge and exquisite taste in all things cinema on Weaverman's phenomenol blog! Whether it's a Bergman classic or a trashy crime movie, the Fleapit is the place to be! We can only wish that, some fine day, his late lamented other blogs The Fleapit Annex and Ghosts in the Library will be resurrected.
  • PALEO-CINEMA -- Terry Frost spends his time, between herding his capuchin monkeys out of his estate's fountains, creating the greatest movie blog out there. Combining encyclopedic knowledge with personal reminiscences, Terry Frost's Paleo-Cinema debuts about every three weeks with another audio excursion into the world of film pre-1980.
  • SCRAPS -- My dear Star has been keeping journals of odd everyday events, quotable quotes and cosmic coincidences even BEFORE we got married! She has finally put it all into a blog which entertainingly shines the spotlight on us everyday humans and shows we are nothing as dull as mere "everyday"!
  • WE ARE THE MOVIES -- Aaron White provides a movie blog which displays all the love and energy of a true cinephile focusing on the movies and directors who make the most of their art!

6 comments:

Cheeks DaBelly said...

I gotta pass it on? To 5 people? I don't even know five people who blog. Sheesh.

Cerpts said...

I know. Ain't it a bitch!?!

Pax Romano said...

Oh god, you quoted All About Eve, Die Mommie Die!, and Sunset Blvd!!!

Come get your toaster oven, son!

Star said...

i'm with cheeks, i so don't know 5 other bloggers....and hey, daddy pax, my boy cerpts needs no toaster oven.

Weaverman said...

Well, I'd like to thank you for this totally unexpected honor! I'd like to take the opportunity also to thank my mother who gave birth to me and made this all possible and my father who made it possible for my mother to give birth to me and Jim Kitses of SFU for inspiring me and I must not forget all the thousands of...oh Lord I'm going to cry...filmmakers who have inspired me and the boy who delivers the papers and my social worker and my probation officer and the man who puts the food through the hatch everyday and let me say I remember the ass...sorry, the face of every woman I had to sleep with on my way to the top and cerpts who had such faith in me and finally I'd like to dedicate this award to Audrey Hepburn because I miss her so much and to the Native Americans who did so much for John Wayne's career and..to Kate for inspiring everything...and (sound of a gunshot and a body hitting the floor)

Terry Talks Movies said...

Thanks for the honour. I'd like to thank the Academy, God, my wife, my manager, the scriptwriter and all my fellow actors, L. Ron Hubbard and that little old Korean lady who gives me a back, sack and crack wax twice a month. ;-)