Tuesday, December 29, 2020

100 YEARS OF FILM RANKINGS 1920-2020

 The last couple years I've been very lazy posting to this blog (other than the yearly Countdown To Halloween).  I've done more this year to correct that situation by posting more than I have in recent years.  So, because I want to Baron Frankenstein this blog with a jolt of electricity -- and because I'm out of my mind -- I've cooked up a project for 2021 which I've stolen whole hog from Sean Gilman's excellent website The End of Cinema


For years now, the co-host of the late, lamented "The George Sanders Podcast" (aka "The Frances Farmer Podcast" for a little while) has done a year-by-year ranking of all the movies he's seen.  Again, because I'm certifiable, I'm going to try to do the same here with slight modifications.  Sean Gilman begins his year-by-year rankings from 1900 to the present.  I'm (for now) confining myself to the last 100 years of movies i.e. 1920-2020.  It's interesting that both 1920 and 2020 had a lot of facemasks in 'em. 

So basically, there will be 100 posts during 2021 that will have my film rankings of movies that I've seen from each specific year from 1920 to 2020.  I figure I should probably be able to make 100 posts sometime in the 365 days.  We'll see.  So join me January 1st for my film rankings for the year 1920!

1 comment:

Star said...

Right on! This is gonna be fun to watch unfold.