Sunday, August 17, 2008

OH DEAR, I'VE BEEN TAGGED! Yessir, Skiffy Films (that ole Paleocinema guy) has tagged me with this Science Fiction Meme: "where the assignment is to mark the instances where I have read the book related to a famous sf movie. In some cases it’s the novel/story the movie was based on, in others it’s a novel adapted from the movie. Here are the rules:
  • Copy the list below.
  • Mark in bold the movie titles for which you read the book.
  • Italicize the movie titles for which you started the book but didn’t finish it.
  • Tag 5 people to perpetuate the meme.

For some reason, blogger won't allow me to bold and unbold (it always could before) so I'll just have to make the things that SHOULD be bold LARGER.

  1. Jurassic Park
  2. War of the Worlds
  3. The Lost World: Jurassic Park
  4. I Robot
  5. Contact
  6. Congo
  7. Cocoon
  8. The Stepford Wives
  9. The Time Machine
  10. Starship Troopers
  11. The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy
  12. K-Pax
  13. 2010
  14. The Running Man
  15. Sphere
  16. The Mothman Prophecies
  17. Dreamcatcher
  18. Blade Runner (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?)
  19. Dune
  20. The Island of Dr. Moreau
  21. Invasion of the Body Snatchers
  22. The Iron Giant (The Iron Man)
  23. Battlefield Earth
  24. The Incredible Shrinking Woman
  25. Fire in the Sky
  26. Altered States
  27. Timeline
  28. The Postman
  29. Freejack (Immortality Inc.)
  30. Solaris
  31. Memoirs of an Invisible Man
  32. The Thing (Who Goes There?)
  33. The Thirteenth Floor
  34. Lifeforce (Space Vampires)
  35. Deadly Friend
  36. The Puppet Masters
  37. 1984
  38. A Scanner Darkly
  39. Creator
  40. Monkey Shines
  41. Solo (Weapon)
  42. The Handmaid's Tale
  43. Communion
  44. Carnosaur
  45. From Beyond
  46. Nightflyers
  47. Watchers
  48. Body Snatchers
I guess you can tell I'm not much of a science fiction reader. Horror's more my thing. Although there are some additions I would make to the list. As for tagging 5 others. . .Paleocinema/Skiffy Films and Fleapit of the Mind were already tagged so that leaves me with 3. So consider yourselves tagged:

8 comments:

Cheeks DaBelly said...

What goes on here now? And yeah the nor being able to bold stuff or eyetallicasize them is kinda frustrating.

Cerpts said...

Um....what goes on is you been tagged, Jack! Go to it! Themz the roolz not put it on yo blog! Son.

Cheeks DaBelly said...

Jurassic Park
War of the Worlds
The Lost World: Jurassic Park
I ROBOT
Contact
Congo
Cocoon
THE STEPFOR WIVES
THE TIME MACHINE
Starship Troopers
THE HITCHIKERS' GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
K-Pax
2010
THE RUNNING MAN
Sphere ugh! No more Michael Crichton!
The Mothman Prophecies
DREAMCATCHER
Blade Runner (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?)
Dune
THE ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU
INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS
The Iron Giant (The Iron Man)
Battlefield Earth
THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING WOMAN
Fire in the Sky (there was no book for this that I know of it was a dramatization of a missing persons case, I didn't read any of the police reports or the sworn statements so I guess I didn't read this wtf?)
Altered States
Timeline
The Postman
Freejack (Immortality Inc.)
Solaris
Memoirs of an Invisible Man
The Thing (Who Goes There?)
The Thirteenth Floor
Lifeforce (Space Vampires)
Deadly Friend
The Puppet Masters
1984 (hey there's no way to capitalize number but yeah I read it)
A Scanner Darkly
Creator
Monkey Shines
Solo (Weapon)
The Handmaid's Tale
COMMUNION yeah but I couldn't get through it!
Carnosaur
From Beyond
Nightflyers
WATCHERS
BODY SNATCHERS didn't we do this one already?

Cerpts said...

So uh...you goin' to the horror convention this weekend or what?

Cheeks DaBelly said...

I was thinking about it but I've been feeling kinda crappy lately. Jeffrey Combs would be cool to see and of course Jason Mews is supposed to be there but who knows if he will really show. Tom Savini was added recently but I'm not all that into the Lost Boys reunion or the Nightmare on Elm Street Reunion (except for Robert England) for that matter so I'm probably not going. Maybe there will be another soon with a better guest list. We do have to go to one together soon though.

Cerpts said...

Why's you feeling crappy? The next convention is next year -- March to be exact. And as one who has been going since the very first Monster Mania convention I can tell you that they've been getting steadily worse and worse: the guest list is more ho-hum and there are less vendors each time. Very disappointing. I may go or I may not I don't know. It's especially crappy going alone each time, I can tell you.

Cheeks DaBelly said...

August is a bad month for my allergies. Well if I do go I would only go Saturday night and/or Sunday. I work Saturday until 4. I'll see how I feel. If it was tomorrow, the way I feel right now, I wouldn't be going, I can tell you that.

Cerpts said...

It's ragweed season, doddy. The worst.