Monday, September 22, 2008

JUST A NOTE OF SAD RESIGNATION. As I'm sure you know, the Halloween season is almost upon us. My favourite time of year when the skittering of fallen leaves gently scrapes down neighbourhood streets and the autumn moon holds sway. The gingersnap cookies have appeared on store shelves and hot cocoa suddenly looks like a great idea right about now. As many of you may or may not ALSO know, I will shortly be "at liberty" as far as gainful employment is concerned. Hopefully this condition will not persist for very long but either way I very much doubt I will have the opportunity to encore my month-long Halloween Countdown which many of you enjoyed last year. If you missed it, last year's Halloween Countdown featured a post EVERY DAY of October -- actually TWO posts every day: one post on something "Halloweeny" and another post for the daily "Halloweeny" movie. That's right, each day I chose one Halloween-type horror film to watch and review.
My giving the Halloween Countdown a miss this year arises not from any lack of desire on my part but simply because most of my blogging for the last two years + has been done right here at work where I have much more access to the internet. This also means that my postings on this blog might become a little less frequent than we're all used to. I'd still love to get online every day but, with things up in the air at this time, I just can't predict what success I'll have doing so. And as we all know, unless the Halloween Countdown is done every single day there really isn't a point to it.
So, having said that, I would encourage you to look over there on the right for last October's archives and you can re-experience the daily Halloween countdown. Hopefully, if you're as forgetful as I am, it'll all seem brand new to you anyway! Also I would urge you to go visit John Rozum's blog which, as usual, will be doing his own Halloween countdown; there you will also find on the first of October a listing of links to similar blogs doing their own Halloween Countdowns. But rest assured, while I may not be blogging every single day I will still be posting as frequently as I can. And yes, I'm not going to let Halloween go by in this blog without celebrating it. So chins up, me hearties. THE LAND OF CERPTS AND HONEY (as well as our sister weekly audio blog "BATHED IN THE LIGHT FROM ANDROMEDA") will still go on strong. And. . .just between you and me. . .there might even be a third blog coming along somewhere on the horizon. If I can swing it. More on that later. But for now, thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Cheeks DaBelly said...

What? No countdown? Three blogs but no job Yeah, what else are you gonna do?

Cerpts said...

Exactly. But actually, if I had a job then I would have plenty of time to do the Halloween Countdown and 3 blogs or 4 or 5 or parcheesi.