Thursday, November 01, 2012

MOVIES RICKSTER HASN'T SEEN

ABOUT A YEAR AGO, FILMMAKER EDGAR WRIGHT (WHO GAVE US "SHAUN OF THE DEAD" AND "HOT FUZZ") ASKED HIS FRIENDS TO RECOMMEND FILMS HE HADN'T SEEN. 

Of course, Wright's friends include the likes of Quentin Tarantino, Guillermo del Toro, Josh Whedon and Joe Dante.  While I cannot call on such "famous" people, I can call on my friends and readers of this blog who demonstrate exquisite taste -- because they read this blog, naturally!  On Edgar Wright's blog, he has posted the films and had organised screenings of them up on the movie screen in a real theatre.  I, however, will have to muddle through with my TV and DVD player and a busy rental service.

I have already put out the call on my facebook page as well as via e-mails but, now that the Countdown to Halloween is over, I'm inviting my faithful readers of this blog to recommend some movies I haven't seen.  Simply give me a list of some of your favourite films that you think I should see -- at least 10 or 15 titles but hey give me 50 if you're so inclined.  Naturally, there will be films I have seen already on your lists but there will also undoubtedly be films I haven't seen which I will add to my "queue" to watch as soon as I can.  I've already gotten quite a large number of film titles already so the task is beginning to look daunting; however, I will get them watched somehow!  Just leave me your list of recommendations in the comments.  Sometime probably around the end of November or the beginning of December, I will post again with all the recommendations I've received and what progress I'm making.  From one movie buff to another, many thanks.  This is your chance so TELL ME WHAT TO WATCH!!!!  

No comments: