Sunday, March 03, 2013

FAB FOUR FIFTIETH!

IT WAS 50 YEARS AGO -- MARCH 1963 -- WHEN THE FIRST BEATLES ALBUM WAS RELEASED. 

This month marks a half-century of Beatlemania and to celebrate Dr. Janos Rukh (from our sister audio blog "Bathed in the Light from Andromeda") has helped me compile this month's March Jukebox:  my 25 favourite Beatles songs.  For the month of March, the jukebox over there on the right will feature the 25 Beatles songs I like best (in alphabetical order):
  • ACROSS THE UNIVERSE (Alternate Take)
  • CAN'T BUY ME LOVE
  • A DAY IN THE LIFE
  • FOR YOU BLUE
  • GOLDEN SLUMBERS/CARRY THAT WEIGHT/THE END
  • HAPPINESS IS A WARM GUN
  • HELLO GOODBYE
  • HELP!
  • HERE COMES THE SUN
  • I AM THE WALRUS
  • I'LL BE BACK
  • I WANT YOU (SHE'S SO HEAVY)
  • MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR
  • MOTHER NATURE'S SON
  • OH DARLING
  • REAL LOVE
  • ROCK AND ROLL MUSIC
  • RUN FOR YOUR LIFE
  • SAVOY TRUFFLE
  • SHE'S LEAVING HOME
  • SOMETHING
  • THIS BOY
  • WHILE MY GUITAR GENTLY WEEPS
  • YOU KNOW MY NAME (LOOK UP THE NUMBER)
  • YOU NEVER GIVE ME YOUR MONEY

No comments: