Monday, March 11, 2013

HAPPY 61st BIRTHDAY DOUGLAS ADAMS

IN HONOUR OF DOUGLAS ADAMS' 61st BIRTHDAY,

I've dug through the mouldering old pile of cassettes in the bottom drawer and uncovered an audio recording of the author's appearance on "The Merv Griffin Show" in 1983. 

Sadly, for some reason I didn't videotape it (since I had a VCR since 1982) but somehow only recorded it by putting my Radio Shack portable tape recorder up to the TV speaker.  So understand that the sound is not too good; let alone the fact that the tape itself is 30 years old.  But the true story Adams regales has always been priceless to me.  So here, for all posterity, is Douglas Adams' Cookie Story (translated from "biscuit" for the Yanks)!  It's available for you to play over there on the right.  Enjoy!

No comments: