Thursday, June 01, 2006

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting THE CERPTS AND HONEY POPCORN MOVIE QUIZ! OK movie buffs! Tune in your brainwave frequencies for a challenge!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

See if you can name the movie each quote is from. AND for an extra bonus point: who said it in the movie. But I have to warn you; some of 'em are kinda tough. Ready. Then let us begin. 1. "The stuff that dreams are made of." 2. "Is Bismarck a herring?" 3. "It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache." 4. "The calla lilies are in bloom again." 5. "Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow!" 6. "Do sit down, sergeant. Shocks are so much better absorbed with the knees bent." 7. "Practically perfect in every way." 8. "I'm clearin' out the deadwood!" 9. "Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops!" 10. "Who would want to hurt a little dog?" 11. "I am the bombadier!" 12. "Why don't you pass the time by playing a relaxing game of solitaire." 13. "Light of my life, I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just gonna bash your f--king brains in!" 14. "I am big! It's the pictures that got small!" 15. "I had garlic at dinner. I had onions at lunch. But he'll never know." 16. "You know how to whistle, don't you Steve?" 17. "Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left." 18. "Come on, Dover! Move your bloomin' arse!" 19. "You were just supposed to blow the bloody doors off!!!" 20. "We all go a little mad sometimes." CLICK ON COMMENTS TO SEE THE COMPLETE ANSWERS!!! Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5 comments:

Cerpts said...

Incidentally, that cool painting is by another of my favourite artists: Richard Powers.

Star said...

okay, so i got some on my own, mostly the easy ones:
7. mary poppins
8. die mommie die
10. the wizard of oz
12. manchurian candidate
13. the shining
14. sunset blvd.
15. the 7 year itch
16. to have & have not
17. jfk
18. my fair lady
20. alice in wonderland
that's all i got so far...more to come, perhaps.

Pax Romano said...

1: A Shakespeare Quote used in a Bogart Film; Maltese Falcon I believe.

2:From Blazing Saddles; can't recall who said it.

3: Frank says this just before he bites his finger ... from The Rocky Horror Picture Show!

4: Kate the Great in Stage Door I think.

5: Oh some damn horror film in the '80's, Son of the Animator or something like that.

6: From Wicker Man...agh what was his name, Lord Summer(something).

7: Don't know.

8: That's mine! Oh wait it was the one, the only Angela Arden in Die, Mommie Die!

9: Cary Grant in one of my faves, Arsenic and Old Lace!

10: Don't Know.

11: Ditto

12: Can I phone a friend on that one?

13: That's Me talking to Whatshisname...err, that is Jack to Shelly in The Shining.

14: That's Henny, err, Norma Desmond!

15: That was just on the other night, MM in The 7 Year Itch!

16: That's Bacall to Bogart in To Have etc...

And I am lost on the rest except 20 which is Norman to Marion in Psycho!

Star said...

oh poop! i am such a dipshit. 20 was silly little norman bates. i was thinking 'we're all mad here' by that cutie patootie, the cheshire cat. dur, hen, dur.

Cerpts said...

Youse guyses is the smartest peoples!!!! Most impressive. Here are the complete answers to the little movie quiz:
1. "The stuff that dreams are made of." said by Humphrey Bogart in "The Maltest Falcon"
2. "Is Bismarck a herring?" said by Madeleine Kahn in "Blazing Saddles".
3. "It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache." said by Tim Curry in "the Rocky Horror Picture Show".
4. "The calla lilies are in bloom again." said by Katharine Hepburn in "Stage Door"
5. "Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow!" said by Jeffrey Combs in "The Re-Animator"
6. "Do sit down, sergeant. Shocks are so much better absorbed with the knees bent." said by Christopher Lee in "The Wicker Man"
7. "Practically perfect in every way." said by Julie Andrews in "Mary Poppins".
8. "I'm clearin' out the deadwood!" said by Charles Busch in "Die Mommie Die"
9. "Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops!" said by Cary Grant in "Arsenic and Old Lace"
10. "Who would want to hurt a little dog?" said by Grace Kelly in "Rear Window"
11. "I am the bombadier!" said by Alan Arkin in "Catch-22"
12. "Why don't you pass the time by playing a relaxing game of solitaire." OK, this is a little complicated. . .a lot of people said this line in "The Manchurian Candidate" including Frank Sinatra and Angela Lansbury.
13. "Light of my life, I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just gonna bash your f--king brains in!" said by Jack Nicholson in "The Shining"
14. "I am big! It's the pictures that got small!" said by Gloria Swanson in "Sunset Blvd"
15. "I had garlic at dinner. I had onions at lunch. But he'll never know." said by Marilyn Monroe in "The Seven Year Itch"
16. "You know how to whistle, don't you Steve?" said by Lauren Bacall in "To Have and Have Not"
17. "Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left." said by Kevin Costner in "JFK"
18. "Come on, Dover! Move your bloomin' arse!" said by Audrey Hepburn in "My Fair Lady"
19. "You were just supposed to blow the bloody doors off!!!" said by Michael Caine in "The Italian Job"
20. "We all go a little mad sometimes." said by Anthony Perkins in "Psycho"