Friday, February 16, 2007

CHARACTER ACTORS PART 6: ***SIGH*** . . . DENISE NICHOLAS. Here (below) is one of the reasons I love her:
OK, and here are some MORE reasons why I love her:
Room 222 ( TV show 1969) Night Gallery "Logoda's Heads" (TV show 1971) Blacula (1972) Let's Do It Again (1975)A Piece of the Action (1977) Baby, I'm Back (TV show 1978) Capricorn One (1978) Sure, I freely admit I've been deeply in love with Denise Nicholas since I was about 5 years old and first saw her on a Room 222 rerun (the show for which she won two Golden Globe nominations). Since then, she's been in the forgotten (though fun) 70's sitcom "Baby, I'm Back" in which her ex-husband (played by Sanford and Son's Demond Wilson) tries to re-enter her life. I never watched the TV show "In the Heat of the Night" in which she co-starred with Carroll O'Connor; had I only known she was in it I would have tuned in every week!!! I hesitate to include her as a "character actor" since she always seemed like a leading lady to me. However, Denise Nicholas never seemed to have the one breakout role which would catapult her to stardom. So here she is. And I'm glad to see her at ANY opportunity. In 1995, Harvard University's Harvard Foundation named her Cultural Artist of the Year for her contributions to American performing arts and intercultural relations. Denise Nicholas has also won 5 N.A.A.C.P. Awards and 2 L.A. Emmys. So, OK now everybody whistle the theme song to Room 222. Go on, you know it. And if you don't -- what in the hell's wrong with you?!?!?!?!?!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a nice article. If you need more information about traveling to Cambodia, please vist our website. Veayoleta Travel