Friday, April 21, 2006

THE GREAT TOY ROBBERY -- I would literally kill to get this on DVD. It's all of six minutes long! This is a cartoon made by the National Film Board of Canada in 1963. Now, that was before my time but every year at Christmas time they showed this film in my elementary school. It's the story of a trio of Wild Wild Western robbers who stick up Santa Claus and steal his bag of toys. Here our desperadoes can be seen having some fun playing with their ill booten gotty ...... er, make that their ill gotten booty. Santa seeks the help of a goody two shoes cowboy who has some trouble stopping his horse (Whoa, horsey!!! Oh, come on now, whoooooaaaaaa!). This is one of those inexplicable, cherished childhood holiday memories for me and, although I did manage to videotape it off the TV sometime in the early 80's, I've never seen it since. HOWEVER. . .click here and you can actually watch a video clip from the cartoon. If anyone out there ever sees this cartoon on DVD, you'll be my hero!!!

No comments: