Saturday, September 02, 2006

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

DYNAMIC DUOS: The first in an occasional series which highlights phenomenal team-ups. Part One: MURDER SOMETIMES SMELLS LIKE HONEYSUCKLE. This time around it's Walter and Phyllis. Fred MacMurray and Barbara Stanwyck. Prize chump and femme fatale. That wig! That anklet! Those venetian blind shadows! All that cracking wise! And no visible scars . . . until now, that is.

Walter: 8:30 tomorrow evening, then?

Phyllis: That's what I suggested.

Walter: Will you be here too?

Phyllis: I guess so. I usually am.

Walter: Same chair? Same perfume? Same anklet?

Phyllis: I wonder if I know what you mean.

Walter: I wonder if you wonder.

I wonder if he'll ever get the sour taste of her iced tea out of his mouth? Probably not. There's a speed limit in this state, Mr. Neff. That tears it! He did it all for the money and the woman. He didn't get the money and he didn't get the woman. Pretty, isn't it?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

Pax Romano said...

Pax: Mr. Cerpts, I'm a Medford man - Medford, New Joisey. Up in Medford, we take our time making up our minds.

Cerpts: Well, we're not in Medford, we're in a hurry.

Cerpts said...

So, you wanna tell me what's engraved on that anklet?