Saturday, September 16, 2006

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

DYNAMIC DUOS PART 10: DID YOU SEE IT TODAY?

There once was a time when everyone...but everyone...was watching General Hospital. I would have to jump off the school bus (which dropped me off at about a quarter to 3) to run to my house and turn on Channel 6 just in time to see the latest escapades of Luke Spencer and Laura Baldwin. Me and every other schmuck on the planet. I was there for the Disco rape, for the punch-out on the yacht, for the Ice Princess, for Frank Smith, for Elizabeth Taylor...heck, I even remember Sally (who was a man who wore a dress). And then, the next morning on the school bus everyone was buzzing: "Did you see it? Did you see it?" GH's mastermind Gloria Monty (who died this year) knew how to get those butts in their seats in front of the television. Soon enough, things would get really silly. But oh, that first summer on the run was a pistol! Well, I don't know about you but I now have an uncontrollable urge to put on Herb Alpert's "Rise". And so do you, I'll wager. Go on. You know you want to.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

Cheeks DaBelly said...

Paging Dr. Noah Drake to ICU to treat a case of ... heartbreak

Star said...

mum and i were into 'one life to live.' what a gay title! dur.