Wednesday, December 10, 2008

ALPHABET MOVIE MEME THINGY. Good buddy and Surrogate Daddy Pax over at the horror blog Billy Loves Stu was recently tagged by another one of those memes. Like the true gentleman he is, he declined to tag 5 other people and simply put his list up for all of us to see (and quite a great list it IS, too)! For the heck of it, I thought I'd give it a try; you know how us boys love lists! The original Alphabetical Movie Meme originated here and you'll find the rules in detail. In miniature, the rules are as follows: in short, list your favourite movie for each letter of the alphabet. Simple, huh? Until the agonizing over which movie to choose, that is. Daddy Pax stirred things up interestingly by adding a theme: one "guilty pleasure" movie for each letter of the alphabet. One more rule is that you don't use the words "A" or "The" as the first letter of the movie, natch. There you go. I too will not "tag" anyone but feel free to make your own list is you're so inclined. However, like Daddy Pax, I too am going to tweak the meme a little. First I will list my favourite films of each letter in the alphabet. Then I will list my favourite HORROR films of each letter of the alphabet (what could be more natural on THIS blog?!?). And finally, I will list those movies which I'm sure most of you reading this have never seen but should -- those favourites of mine which might be a little more obscure -- for each letter of the alphabet. So here goes:
MY FAVES FOR EACH LETTER OF THE ALPHABET:
MY FAVOURITE HORROR FILMS FOR EACH LETTER:
MY FAVOURITE "OBSCURE" FILMS YOU PROBABLY HAVEN'T SEEN
(BUT REALLY SHOULD!):
So there you have it. As you've no doubt noticed already, those films which I'll bet most of you haven't seen (but should) have links so that you can go take a look and see what they're all about. I heartily recommend all the movies up there and, when you're stuck for something new to watch, try a few.

No comments: