Monday, August 07, 2006

ODE TO PUDDIN'!
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingAh, yes. So creamy, so velvety, so delightful. It is so true that there is never a time when it isn't a good time to have some puddin'! And yes, it is also true that I have been obsessing about puddin' for the last week or so. (Hi, Fink!!!) I don't know what it is; I haven't had puddin' for years, probably. But all of a sudden that siren call of the velvety smooth puddin' has reached my ears, calling me, calling me. . . I'm sorry, you wacky Brits, but that cakey stuff you call pudding ain't what I'm a-hankerin'. No haggis, no blood pudding, no black pudding, no Yorkshire pudding for me. Puddin' should be sweet and smooth and velvety (there's that word again but why quarrel with perfection); that cakey stuff you can stick right up your jumper! CLICK HERE FOR THE HISTORY OF PUDDING: I ain't kiddin', folks! Ah, puddin'. The rapture of it, the joy of it. I'd rather have a bowl of puddin' than a picture of General George S. Patton in full dress uniform! What other dessert is so heavenly that it is frequently found floating in a cloud? (seen here in excelsis deo): Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ah, pudding in a cloud. We'll get to the sin of Cool Whip some other time. Now, most of us know it as "pudding in a cloud" but my beloved Katharine Hepburn made it for Spencer Tracy in one of my favourite movies "Desk Set" and she called it "Floating Island". Far be it from me to contradict the Great Kate so I'll just say that both appellations can be used. Either way, when entertaining the creator of the supercomputer Emirac in your apartment after being caught in a fifties New York rain, there ain't nothing better than shovin' some pudding in a cloud under his face! Puddin' Puddin' Puddin'!!! I love puddin'. Have you guessed? Ain't puddin' great? I bet you want some right now, don't you. If not, what the hell's wrong with you? You're either a pervert or a communist or both. Fidel Castro's first act as communist dictator of Cuba was to ban puddin'! It's the truth! That epidemic of SARS cases a few years back??? You know what cures it??? That's right. Puddin'! When Maria Callas lost her voice before debuting in "La Boheme", her famous vocal chords were revived with a big bowl of chocolate puddin'. The Miner 49'ers weren't ACTUALLY searching for gold; they were lookin' for puddin'!!! I'm telling you, when it comes to important universal truths, nothing outranks a puddin'. I don't mean to pull out the big guns but it's in the Bible, folks! Wiseacreotomy 16:23 states: "Whenever two or three are gathered together then they shall enjoy a nice puddin'." Don't argue with God!!! You'll be sorry. Whip yourself up some puddin' right now; your immortal soul depends on it!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last week I whipped up a batch of butterscotch puddin' (Mmmmm puddin'!) and it wasn't that instant kind! It's the kind you gotta sit there and stir for about 3 hours; the REAL puddin'! Oooo, it was good. Friday I had vanilla puddin' parfait. I had some chocolate puddin' today. And I may even make some homemade rice puddin' tomorrow! Puddin'! PUDDIN'!!! PUDDIN'!!!!! Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!
THIS BLOG WILL BE RETURNED TO IT'S AUTHOR ONCE HE CAN REGAIN SOME SEMBLANCE OF SOME CONTROL OF HIMSELF.

11 comments:

Cheeks DaBelly said...

My God man get ahold of yourself. Ok not that much of a hold. I actually have a few problems with this latest post (I say latest even though it is about 4 down on the current list, I'm behind a bit, I had to take a poop, so sue me!) Anyway, back to my aforementioned problems with this here postie post. You have been obsessing over puddin' for more than week, you were a few days into your puddin rave for the last time you were in my humble abode which has almost been 2 weeks now. Which begs the quextion, where the hell you been, bitch? My second problemo (thats spanish for burma) is that you mention sars in your blog which wouldn't have happened if I hadn't mentioned it last week. Ok I'm going back to my post on chlamydia. Hey, you were the one who requested it.

Cerpts said...

You don't think I went a little overboard, do ya?

Cerpts said...

Oh yeah, I mentioned SARS deliberately to make fun of you, silly. What was that, a term paper?!?!?!?!

Loves and Mittenses!

Star said...

i wonder if perhaps this obsession began a few weeks back when you had some of momma hudson's famous dirt puddin'???? christ, that shit was divine!

Cerpts said...

Ah, there's always an originating point. Remember Patient X. That must've been Puddin' X!!! It's all down to you, Ms. Henri, and your divine dirt!!!! Heavenly!

Unknown said...

Have you lost some sort of bet?

That being said, the single best pudding application: icebox cake.

Layer graham crackers and chocolate pudding in the biggest pan you can wrangle up, allow to sit in fridgidaire for at least three hours, then cut in and enjoy. There's nothing finer.

Cerpts said...

The single best pudding application??? Well, I don't know about that but it's pretty damn high up there!

Icebox Icebox Frigidaire,
Puddin' here and puddin' there,
Wish I may and wish I might
have a vat of puddin' tonight

Just what kinda bet do I haveta have lost???

Cerpts said...

I will, however, point out that as much as y'all make fun of my puddin' posts it seems y'all have been commenting a lot on them while ignoring that "Mall movie" one.

Just who's crazy now??!?!?!?!

OK, me.

But my point is still valid.

Who's got the puddin'?

Pax Romano said...

This is, without a doubt, my new fave blog post OF ALL TIME!!!!

Now I want me some pudding (complete with a layer of "skin" on top of it!)

kenju said...

Well, you just HAD to mention the skin, didn't you! I love butterscotch pudding with skin - and I haven't had it since I was about 18. After reading this, it is all I can think of!

Cerpts said...

Ah, yes . . . Come in from the wilderness, Puddies, and embrace the all-loving, all-soothing puddin'!!! You are among friends.