Wednesday, October 11, 2006

TEST DRIVE THE NEW 1955 FORD TARANTULA!!!

Did you ever see the classic 1955 big atomic bug movie "Tarantula"? You know, the one where the giant tarantula is walking around the desert eating people and the air force has to come and napalm the suckah? Well, I'm definitely not a "gearhead" but I do appreciate old (50's) classic cars and hero Monster Fighter John Agar (Mr. Shirley Temple himself) is driving around in a sweet car that just happens to be a 1955 Ford Fairlane Sunliner. And it's a beaut! Now, since the movie is in black and white, it's anyone's guess what actual colour the car was but Cheekies assures me that, when Ted Turner colourized it, the car was the blue & white model. However, I like any variety of colours (the car was always two tone) and here are a couple nice ones. I am partial to the red & white version but the orange & white is quality too! Now, that's when they knew how to make a car! *Sigh*

5 comments:

Cerpts said...

P.S. It just so happens that the very next movie (DVD) I watched after Tarantula was The Monolith Monsters with Grant (The Incredible Shrinking Man) Williams. And it's such a shame because the car they gave HIM in that movie was nowhere near as nice as John Agar's. Bitch needs a better agent.

Fink Master Flash said...

the orange one is nice. not my style but i can appreciate the quality of cars from back when.

Pax Romano said...

I'll take the orange one also!

Cheeks DaBelly said...

you took down sawyer for that??

Cerpts said...

Nah, I took down Sawyer WAAAAAAAAY before that!