Thursday, February 21, 2008

FAREWELL TO THE CREATURE. I was just informed today that Ben Chapman, the actor who played the Creature from the Black Lagoon in the original film's non-swimming sequences, has died. I had the pleasure to meet Ben Chapman on several occasions and he was the nicest gentlemen you're ever likely to meet. Way back in 2002, when I met him for the first time in the company of delightful Black Lagoon co-star Julie Adams (who has since made an appearance as one of the Others in the TV show LOST), both Chapman and Adams told me how much their fans meant to them and how grateful they were that they were remembered with such love and affection by horror fans everywhere. I will miss seeing and talking to Ben Chapman on the convention circuit. Aloha, Ben.

2 comments:

Cheeks DaBelly said...

Guess that means he wont be at the convention in March? What a rip!

Cerpts said...

Weeeeeellllllllllllll. . .