Saturday, October 08, 2011

ALL RIGHT YOU WACKY WEIRDOS, REMEMBER VCR GAMES IN THE 80s??? Here's one which is the perfect game to play for the Halloween season: DOORWAYS TO HORROR. For those of you who are "Know-Nothing Tots", VCR games were big for a hot five minutes in the 1980s. They were your typical board games but with the addition of that keen new invention: the VCR. You'd pop a VHS tape into the VCR and then play along with whatever it told you to do on the TV screen. DOORWAYS TO HORROR is a game I actually never owned but my best doddy Cheeks did and we played it several times. I wonder if he still has it? The game was made by Pressman and released in 1986. In the game, the players would draw cards and go through a series of lettered doors through which some old low budget B-horror movie clips would play accompanied by spooky music and a whimsical narrator/game master of terrormonies. Ah, those were the days. Below this post you can actually watch the DOORWAYS TO HORROR videotape yourself. How great is that!?!

5 comments:

Cerpts said...

And no, Cheeks, I haven't forgotten the OTHER vcr game NIGHTMARE. . .

. . ."Bring me the olllllllllld one!"

Cheeks DaBelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cerpts said...

No, DOORWAYS TO HORROR was the 80's. Or if you're referring to the NIGHTMARE game I never said that was the 80's. It was the 90s.

Cerpts said...

And yes, while you may or may not still own a copy, Cheeks, I got one of my own. Nyah nyah!

Cheeks DaBelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.