Wednesday, October 01, 2014

THE COUNTDOWN TO HALLOWEEN BEGINS HERE

"GOOD EVENING.  I AM ADAM SPEKTOR, DOCTOR OF THE OCCULT 

. . . and the weird and the supernatural are my life.  My files overflow with tales of unearthly creatures that haunt this world of mortals. A moonlit sky surrounded Spektor Manor as I peered out of my study window, reflecting on my forebears who rested peacefully in the nearby church cemetery.  My thoughts were interrupted by Lakota Rainflower, my secretary, alerting me that expected guests were arriving."


Ah . . . and here you are.  Welcome, one and all, to this 2014 COUNTDOWN TO HALLOWEEN.  I will be your host through thirty-one days of fearful happenings and ghostly goodies to hopefully make your October a spooky one.  I've gathered quite a few monstrous exhibits here in the echoing halls of Spektor Manor and I hope you will visit here with me for a few minutes each day during the month of October and take a look at them.  There will be creepy things to see as well as chilling things to hear -- in fact, I may even tell you how Halloween began.  Our particular focus this year is on the Women of Horror and I will be inducting into the pantheon one splendidly spooky woman of horror each day of October;  so I hope you will join me for this annual COUNTDOWN TO HALLOWEEN.  "Until the next time I open my files, I remain.  Dr. Spektor"

Excerpts in parentheses taken from various issues of the classic Gold Key/Whitman comic book THE OCCULT FILES OF DR. SPEKTOR written by Donald F. Glut and illustrated by Jesse Santos.  

      

No comments: