Monday, October 14, 2013

BATTY INDUCTEE NUMBER 14

THIS NEXT INDUCTEE IS ANOTHER SONG I HEARD MANY MOONS AGO ON THE DR. DEMENTO SHOW.  I know absolutely nothing about the artist.  In fact, I've never heard any other song but this one by the artist.  But besides all that, this next song is a shoe-in.  The 14th inductee into my Batty Halloween Hall of Fame is . . .

I WANT MY BABY BACK by JIMMY CROSS

We've got a spot-on parody of those late-50s/early 60's "tragic teenage death" songs like the Shangri-Las' "Leader of the Pack".  We also get hints of necrophilia and namedropping the Beatles.  C'mon, it's a perfect song!  This 1965 gem is available to listen to in the box on the right for the month of October only.  Longer than that and it's liable to start to get a little smelly . . .

No comments: