Sunday, October 27, 2013

BATTY INDUCTEE NUMBER 27

MY NEXT HONOUREE IS A SONG I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BY A GROUP I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.  Hey, mystery should be plentiful around Halloween, right?  So here we go.  The 27th inductee into my Batty Halloween Hall of Fame is . . .

THE ROCKIN' GHOST by THE MODERNAIRES

I've found this song scattered across many different Halloween compilations all over the interwebs - most prominently, perhaps, on the famous "GHOULS WITH ATTITUDE" collection which exists only in the mists of cyberspace.  However, over the years I've come to find it indispensable for my Halloweenie listening experience.  There's just something about the sound of the song which is so fifties - what with the flutes and the "Lettermen-like" male chorus which presumably is a group of collegiate guys from Transylvania U.  That mid-20th century vibe of Halloween in the days of TV's Shock Theater and FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND magazine is irresistible!

No comments: