Monday, October 07, 2013

BATTY INDUCTEE NUMBER 7

TODAY'S HALLOWEEN HALL OF FAME INDUCTEE IS YET ANOTHER SONG I FIRST HEARD WHEN LISTENING TO DR. DEMENTO'S HALLOWEEN EPISODE IN 1978.  I searched and searched for the song for years before tracking down an original 78 record of it.  This is another of those songs which produced such palpable feelings of Halloween in me whenever I hear it that how could I not induct . . .

THE WOBBLIN' GOBLIN by ROSEMARY CLOONEY

This song (along with it's flip side "Punky Punkin the Happy Pumpkin" was released by Columbia Records in 1950.  It was one of many, many children's songs recorded by Rosemary Clooney during those years.  The poor wobblin' goblin has a broken broom and is having a great deal of trouble flying around the sky on Halloween.  But if you look for him over there on the right hand column in the audio box, I'm sure you'll make him feel better. 

No comments: